Limarc Ambalina talks to John Roo, the Solo Indie Game developer behind Quest Arrest, an RPG detective game developed for the Nintendo Game Boy in 2020. John explains some of the reasons for the game’s success and his decision to print physical cartridges for a Nintendo system discontinued in 2003.
In this episode, John and Limarc discuss:
– Becoming an indie game dev
– Making Quest Arrest
– Quest Arrest gameplay mechanics
– How to print physical Game Boy cartridges
– Marketing your indie game to gaming communities
Follow John Roo and The Retro Room:
– You can purchase Quest Arrest at [The Retro Room Roo](https://theretroroomroo.bigcartel.com/)
Podcast Promotion: Top 3 Quotes from the Show
– Getting involved in gaming communities helps nurture indie game dev careers
– Game devs should create a cutoff date to fight analysis paralysis
– I couldn’t find any Game Boy games that have the level of profanity that my game has
Learn about #indiegame development and making #Gameboy games from #QuestArrest developer John Roo
In this episode of the HackerNoon Gaming Podcast, learn about #indiegame development and how to pring physical #Gameboy cartridges in the modern era from #QuestArrest developer John Roo.